Our 9th recipe from Baking with Dorie is on page 155; Peanut-Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Paris Style. These cookies are extravagant and delicious. I have seen these cookies all over social media and they have been on my list to bake for awhile. Dories recipe did not disappoint.
- I cheated and didn’t make the praline spread. Cookie butter is my go to for just about any baking.
- to get uniform cookies use a cookie scoop
- after you have rolled dough in peanuts use a glass to flatten
Why Rest Cookie Dough.
Do you ever why so many cookie recipes call for resting the dough in fridge before baking. Here are three reasons why this is a really important step.
- the flavour becomes more concentrated
- as dough chills, it loses moisture: this in turn, concentrates the remaining ingredients
- when dough rests, it’s sugar levels become more concentrated as excess moisture is absorbed
- the higher the percentage of sugar in the dough, the more likely your cookies will turn out chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside
- chilling the dough solidifies the fat, making the cookies less likely to spread during baking
At the bakery our cookie dough always rested for 48hr minimum
The Paris Flair
- the topping is what makes these cookies special and unique
- I cheated again and used a peanut brittle I had available and ground to a fine crumb
- I also used Presidents Choice Sugar Cone ice cream topping which has chocolate chips, peanuts, skor pieces, and sugar cone pieces
- I used the same cookie butter, to lather the top
My rating of this recipe is 5 out of 5. I think I would only make this cookie for special occasions. It is insanely decadent, and a show stopper for sure.
This cookie could be a wonderful way to get the kids in the kitchen. Once cookies are baked and cooled have an assortment of toppings for kids to make the cookie their own.
This is a community cookbook club where we want to see your photos of your end result. Don't forget to tag your photos on instagram with @smidgencookbookclub or post your photo on our facebook Bake Along with Smidgen
LOOK FOR THE BIG RED BARN
4675 Line 3
St. Marys, On
Call in advance
647 393 3821