Nadia . Can . Bake .
Welcome to our first recipe from our first cookbook; March’s cookbook is Nadiya Bakes. Nadiya won season six of The Great British Baking Show. She also stars in the BBC and Netflix series Nadiya Bakes. We are teaming up with @bettysbookshelf in St.Marys where you can pre-order this cookbook. Starting in March we will start to bake several of the recipes and guide you will tips on how to bake some of these amazing recipes.
Welcome to our first recipe from our first cookbook; Nadiya Bakes; money can’t buy you happiness brownies(pg 28)
- Invest in parchment paper - KEY to all good baking
- Spray pan with baking spray before adding parchment (will stick better) if using convention oven, use metal clips on side to keep parchment in place
- Make sure eggs are at room temperature
- Mix coffee and water first step and ADD to butter/chocolate mixture
- watch video to see what fluffy should be
- sifting cocoa and flour is an important step-Don’t omit
- I take about 1 tablespoon of cocoa and flour and mix this with chocolate chips instead of just flour
- Use high quality dark chocolate-
The middle layer
Here are some tips for the middle layer.
- You can toast your choice of nuts in the oven instead of stovetop (5-8 min at 350)
- I decided to use chopped pecans (any nut will work)
- I used Bonne Maman Dulce de Lech
- Directions say to mix nuts with caramel - my suggestion would be to sprinkle nuts on top of brownie base and then add caramel over nuts.
Tips on the third layer
Make sure eggs and cream cheese are at room temperature
Do not mix all ingredients per directions
- Mix cream cheese first until VERY smooth
- Add sugar next
- Mix eggs with flavouring and add to cheese/sugar mixture (do NOT over mix)
- Add flour - mix lightly
- Pour over brownies (level mixture)
- Slam on counter top a couple times to remove air bubbles
I did not need to bake for 50 min - mine was set around 40-45min
So many options!
Now that your brownies have set overnight, you are ready to finish them off with some toppings The Instructions in cookbook say to sprinkle with cocoa. I have given you 2 other options.
Salted caramel drizzle with chopped pecans
I used candy melts just for ease (can be melted in microwave) and sprinkle chopped pecans on top of drizzle
To top a 9x13 pan use 400grams semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- pour chips in a heatproof bowl
- heat cream in a saucepan on low until just before simmer
- pour cream over chips and rest for 4-5min
- stir slowly until chocolate is melted and you have a smooth glossy mixture
- pour over brownies and smooth out
- add chopped candy bar (I used kit-kat)
- Place in fridge to set
My rating of this recipe is 5 out of 5. I would highly recommend making again. It is extremely rich, so you have to LOVE chocolate and you really only need a tiny piece
This is a community cookbook club where we want to see your photos of your end result. Don't forget to tag your photos on instagram with @smidgencookbookclub or post your photo on our facebook Bake Along with Smidgen
LOOK FOR THE BIG RED BARN
4675 Line 3
St. Marys, On
Call in advance
647 393 3821